ADG5206 High Voltage, Latch-Up Proof, 16-Channel Multiplexer
The ADG5206 is a monolithic CMOS analog multiplexer comprising sixteen single channels. The ADG5206 switches one of sixteen inputs to a common output, as determined by the 4-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, A2, and A3.
An EN input enables or disables the device. When EN is low, the device is disabled, and all channels switch off. The ultralow capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required. Fast switching speed coupled with high signal bandwidth make these devices suitable for video signal switching.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The ADG5206 does not have a VL pin; instead, the logic power supply is generated internally by an on-chip voltage generator.
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Battery Monitoring
- Communication systems
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up. A dielectric trench separates the P and N channel transistors to prevent latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Optimal switch design for low charge injection, low switch capacitance and low leakage currents
- The ADG5206 achieves 8 kV HBM ESD specification on all external pins
- Dual-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5206 can be operated from dual supplies of up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation. For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5206 can be operated from a single rail power supply of up to 40 V.
Features and Benefits
- Latch-up proof
- 3.5 pF off source capacitance
- 64 pF off drain capacitance
- 0.35 pC typical charge injection
- ±0.02 nA on channel leakage
- Low on resistance: 155 Ω typical
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Human body model (HBM) ESD rating
- 8 kV all other pins