ADE1202 Dual Channel, Configurable, Isolated Digital Input
The ADE12021 is a dual channel, configurable, isolated digital input monitoring solution for energy transmission and distribution applications. The ADE1202 is configured through the serial port interface (SPI) to perform an isolated measurement of the digital input that is also called binary input or contact input. The ADE1202 digital output signal on the DOUTx pins reflects the state of the input signal after user configurable signal conditioning. The SPI protocol supports addressing to allow up to eight devices sharing one 4-wire SPI port.
The ADE1202 application circuit accepts a wide range of input voltages from 10 V dc to 300 V, or 8 V rms to 240 V rms. The programmable wetting current and robust application circuit enable the device to meet stringent, system level electromagnetic capability (EMC) requirements.
The ADE1202 includes an isoPower® integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter that eliminates the need for an external isolated power supply. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used to isolate the logic signals between the high voltage, isolated side and the low voltage, nonisolated side of the digital input monitor. This technology creates a small form factor design that includes data and power isolation.
An integrated successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) from 1× to 10× measure the analog inputs. The ADC waveforms are available through the SPI port to allow system level diagnostics.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as DOUT2/IRQ, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, DOUT2, when only that function is relevant.
- Dual channel, configurable, isolated digital input.
- Single hardware design supports 24 V to 300 V systems.
- Robust architecture.
- Enables system level diagnostics.
- Energy transmission and distribution
- Multifunction relay protection
- Substation battery monitoring
- Bay or substation interlocking
- Merge unit
- Circuit breaker status indication
- Remote terminal unit
- Building automation
Features and Benefits
- Dual channel, configurable, isolated digital input
- Programmable trip threshold
- On-chip debounce filter
- On-chip data and power Isolation
- Application circuit monitors wide voltage range
- 10 V dc to 300 V dc
- 8 V rms to 240 V rms ac (with 10 ms + pickup)
- Negative dc protected
- Programmable wetting current
- Pulse up to 50 mA
- Constant current up to 6.3 mA
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 3750 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A (pending)
- CSA 61010-1: 300 V rms
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-1
- VIORM = 565 V peak
- UL recognition
- EMC robust solution supports relay protection system level requirements
- ADC samples available for system diagnostics
- Internal SAR ADC with PGA
- Single 3.3 V Supply
- Integrated isoPower, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- DOUTx output reflects state of digital input
- IRQ interrupt pin
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +125°C
- 20-lead, LGA package with 6.8 mm creepage